This morning we started to learn some of the colours in Hindi and objects and fruits which match the appropriate colours. After our Hindi lesson it was time for PUNE CHALLENGE!!! This consisted of being given 3 destinations and having to visit each without looking at the exact address of the sit. I was In a group with Linnea and Jane which was great fun.

1st stop was the handmade paper factory, unfortunately the factory wasn't operational but we were still aloud to have a look around and we saw some of the paper drying, which was beautiful. 2nd we visited the Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar museum and memorial, which was interesting apparently he liked to play the violin and was 16 years old when he married his 9 year old bride :S

Last we visited a small Ganesh temple which was nestled in a small side street off the main road. Some how we managed to have rickshaw drivers who knew exactly were we wanted to go, I don't think we would have been able to find them if they hadn't. The paper factory was unidentifiable until you were actually inside, the sign for the museum is easily missed and I don't know how the driver managed to find the temple through the maze of streets. We met up in the Empress Botanical Gardens for lunch which was really nice, the amount of couples was a bit of a surprise as basically every bench was taken by them. On the way home we saw the elephant again, walking through the traffic without a care in the world.
Hiya Mollie. Lovely blogs. You look lovely in your sari (is it your sari or a borrowed one). In fact, you all look lovely, but you are especially lovely. And I know what you mean about the pick-me-up value of a diet coke. I hate the stuff normally, but when I was in Somaliland it was wonderful to finish the morning session and get a cold coke. Its everywhere - you probably have heard that there is a plan to deliver medicines with deliveries of coke. My all time favourite was Vimto (heavenly) - its much more popular in East Africa than it is in UK. More time on the boat for Ben and me this week and good times in the shop. Lots of love, Dad xxx
ReplyDelete